Based at: The Snaith School
Location: Snaith, East Yorkshire, DN14 9LB
To start: ASAP
Salary: £25323 full time equivalent - Actual salary £18700
Hours: Up to 32.5
9:00 am on 13th March 2024
Cover Supervisors play a vital role in supporting pupils by ensuring they are provided with high quality lessons and support when a member of staff is absent or unavailable. We are looking for a flexible team player with previous experience of working with young people and a good standard of education.
The working hours are from 8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday during term time. Your actual salary will be £18715 based on working 32.5 hours per week.
- Have experience of working with young people
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with students and members of staff
- Have the ability to respond flexibly to a diverse range of situations and needs
- Be an effective team player
What can we offer you?
- Free parking
- Automatic membership of the East Riding Pension Scheme
- Free Flu vaccinations held on site each year
- Ethical leadership, professional trust and autonomy
- Free tea and coffee in our staff rooms
- An induction programme and continued investment in training and development, with access to coaching and mentoring, career and professional development
- Access to professional qualifications via the apprenticeship levy
- Opportunities to engage with extra-curricular activities
- Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working, with a trust commitment to continually look to ways to improve the work-life balance for our staff
- Cycle to work scheme offering savings of up to 32% on a bike and accessories
- Hot and cold snacks and meals available from our canteens and complimentary lunches on training days
- Corporate membership to the East Riding Leisure gyms, saving over 25% on membership costs.
- Employee Assistance Scheme available 24/7 via telephone or on-line portal, providing advice on assistance on a wide range of practical issues ranging from legal information and consumer issues to specialist counselling.
- In school individual support from Mind as part of the school’s Whole School Approach to Mental Health and Well Being.
- Refund of the cost of an Annual NHS Prescription Prepayment Certificate
- Salary Finance scheme which offers affordable loans and savings account, as well as tools for budgeting and saving
- Education Workers Scheme from Barratt/David Wilson homes where education workers are entitled to receive a deposit contribution of £750 for every £25,000 spent, up to a maximum contribution of £15,000. So, for example a home costing £200,000 would qualify for a contribution of £6,000
- Access to Vivup – discounts from a wide range of organisations.
How To Apply
Here at The Snaith School, we are incredibly proud of our reputation for academic excellence and first class pastoral care. Our pupils are happy, well-mannered and proud of their school. We would welcome the opportunity to meet you and show you around our school community. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, or would like to visit us to see what we have to offer, please contact Louise Brodigan, HR and Office Manager on 01405 860327 or by email at HR@thesnaithschool.org.uk.
The closing date for applications is 9am Wednesday 13 March and it is anticipated that interviews will be held the following week.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
Please read our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy attached.
Applications should be returned to HR@thesnaithschool.org.uk