Based at: South Hunsley School & Sixth Form College
Location: Melton, East Yorkshire, HU14 3HS
To start: ASAP
Hours: Up to 37 hours per week
9:00 am on 25th May 2022 ⏱ ENDS SOON
South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College is seeking to appoint two Sixth form Heads of Year to work up to 37 hours, plus 3 days during school closure periods. Your actual salary is £21,146.20 per annum. If you are interested in working alternative hours to what is advertised, please get in touch and we are happy to explore this further with you.
You will be part of our friendly, supportive Sixth Form team. We are looking forward to welcoming a dynamic new member to our pastoral team, to further enhance the support and guidance offered to our young people.
What we require from you:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with parents and carers.
- Acting as the first point of contact regarding concerns and queries on student welfare issues which are often sensitive or contentious with respect to safeguarding and mental health.
- Ensure effective, timely communication with parents and members of school staff by the use of letters, telephone calls, and emails etc. Arrange and attend meetings with parents/carers and visiting homes, if appropriate.
- Interview students and investigate following referrals related to school work, behaviour, bullying, student concerns, crisis or other incidents.
- Support the students returning from exclusions and absence for long term health conditions to reintegrate into education
- Work closely with police, social services, families and other external agencies in a professional manner making referrals to external services where necessary
- Maintain accurate and timely data on CPOMS the school’s safeguarding electronic records to ensure that issues are escalated appropriately and within timescales in accordance with the safeguarding procedures.
Your Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- GCSE passes at Grade C or equivalent in English/Mathematics
- Relevant previous experience of working with young people and families to manage sensitive issues preferably in an education environment.
- Experience of working with young people on a sustained one-to-one basis, dealing with a range of sensitive and contentious issues in a variety of settings.
- Experience of prioritising and managing own caseload.
What can we offer you?
- Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
- Free eye tests
- Payment of annual prescriptions
- Free flu vaccinations
- Career development opportunities
- Hot and cold snacks and meals available from our canteens and complimentary lunches on training days
- Free secure on-site car park for staff
- Wellbeing support including an Employee Assistance Programme; a Cycle to Work Scheme offering discounted bike purchases; affordable loans and savings available through the Salary Finance Scheme
- On-site gym at only £12.50 per month
- Membership of the East Riding Pension Scheme with benefits including secure earnings linked pension an a lump sum death grant of three times your salary
Why choose us?
South Hunsley is a special place to work, study and learn with a strong tradition of excellence, both within and beyond the classroom. We have an established reputation for strong academic performance and are consistently a top performer both locally and nationally.
Here at South Hunsley we passionately believe in the limitless potential of every member of our school community. We want everyone to be happy, confident and successful so we can all achieve more than we think is possible. We can promise support, care, encouragement and respect as well as really enjoyable and rewarding working and learning environment.
Applications are to be received no later than 09:00am on Thursday 19 May 2022.
For more information and how to apply please see: https://southhunsley.org.uk/working-here/
South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
How To Apply
Please complete the attached Application Form and return to Freya.Dobson@southhusnley.org.uk.